As the title states, it has been 16 days since the last blog entry. So here is one without a picture to go with it. We have been here at JAARS for 2 1/2 weeks and another 2 1/2 to go. The first week I worked on another R-44 helicopter, it was a new one that the owner wanted some modifications done to. He had just picked it up from the factory in Arizona and needed some wiring changes and a fuel flow transmitter installed. Then I was moved to the engine shop, which I found interesting work on the overhaul of an engine. That did not last very long, when I was moved to another project, the rebuilding of a Helio wing. That is more in the area of my expertise, but it is a lot harder to rebuild a wing than to build a new one from a kit. It is still good experience and hopefully "Giving wings to the Word" as they like to point out here.
We spent last weekend at Jim's family in Charleston, SC and celebrated Josh's 10th birthday. We are also planning another road trip back to Michigan on Thursday (Thanksgiving day) and return on Monday. Hopefully we'll be able to fly the RV-9A some while we are there and work on the RV-12 fuselage a little more. Also see the grandchildren of course.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of activity to fit into 3 days...maybe you should stay longer :-)
Post a Comment