Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eventful day in RV land

Today was an eventful day here at Ottawa Executive airport in Michigan. There are however no pictures of the events that took place. We might have some of the next event to take place there. This morning a DAR (Designated Airworthiness Representative) flew his RV-6 over from Pontiac, MI to inspect my RV-12 and give me my Airworthiness Certificate. It is now ready for its first flight, soon to take place. This afternoon I had my BFR (Bi-annual Flight Review), which was accomplished in my RV-9A with an instructor willing to go for a ride with me in that airplane. After what happened on my last BFR (the prop came off in flight), I had a hard time finding an instructor willing to go with me. Some people are just overly cautious, it's a wonder they dare to get out of bed in the morning. I am now legal to fly and will probably do so on Memorial Day. It should be memorable.

No comments: