We spent a lovely month in Miami in December and moved to Fort Pierce, FL on New Years Eve. We were scheduled to start working for Missionary Flights International on Monday, Jan 3. We moved the RV-12 on New Years day and were allowed to put it into an MFI hangar. Went to work on Monday and unloaded my toolbox and roll-away. My first job was to open the hangar and I went into that job a little too enthusiasticly. The hangar doors are very heavy and when I put my back into it, I heard a loud pop and my right leg gave way. We went to the Emergency room at the local hospital and found out what we already suspected. My achilles tendon was torn and I am now in a cast and on crutches for quite a while. No work, no flying, no going to the beach. The best laid plans of mice and men go oft astray.
At least we are in Florida and the weather is nice.
Getting used to crutches
Getting in and out of the motorhome is best done without the use of the crutches.
No comments:
Post a Comment